Saturday, February 10, 2007

Jesse's Message to Congress

"My name is Jesse Draper. I'm a graduate student at Michigan State University, a home owner, a husband, and a father of two. Upon entering graduate school, my undergraduate federal loan balance was approximately $12,000. This year alone that balance will raise to approximately $24,000. I plan on getting my Ph.D in pursuit of my dream of becoming a tenured professor teaching writing and American Studies. When my education is complete I will owe approximately $85,000 in federal student loans not including interest - assuming tuition costs stay where they are at over the next six years, which of course is highly unlikely."

-- Jesse Draper

Tell the Senate to help people like Jesse:
http://capwiz.com/mobilize/issues/alert/?alertid=9291121&type=CO

No comments: